Spectacular Fox Glacier, snow landing (Fox Glacier departure)
- Duration: 20 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Fox Glacier, West Coast
- Product code: TRIP 1 Fox departure
Prices valid to 30 September 2024 / from 01 October 2024 new rates apply and are per Adult / For children 4yrs to 14yrs pay 50% of the Adult fare, for infants 3yrs and under and less than 15kg pay NZ$0 (NOTE: Prices subject to change at any time) - Fly over the Fox Glacier up to 6000 ft. and land on the snow.
Experience exceptional views of New Zealand's Southern Alps. There’s nothing like having your feet on the ground at this elevation and really feeling like you’re part of our beautiful landscape. A very popular quick look at our spectacular glacier landscapes.
This flight departs from our Fox Glacier flight centre.
Allow 20 minutes
Prices valid to 30 September 2024 / from 01 October 2024 new rates apply and are per Adult / for Children 4yrs to 14yrs pay 50% of the Adult fare / for infants 3yrs and under and less than 15kg pay NZ$0 ** (NOTE: Prices subject to change at any time)
Essential gear for snow landings:
- Covered shoes (sneakers or trainers are fine) or hiking boots
- Wear comfortable outdoor clothing suitable for wearing on the snow. Occasionally the temperature can be 5-10 degrees cooler on the snow than it is in the village. Check with our ground crew if you are unsure of what to wear
- Plenty of room on your memory card and/or phone for photos. Please note: Selfie sticks, especially extendable ones, are a safety hazard and are not to be taken
- Please note that we do not allow passengers to take iPads on flights as they can impede the view of the pilot and other passengers. You're very welcome to bring along another means of taking your photos (phone, camera or GoPro are all great).
Check-in time is 30 minutes before your scheduled departure time. This allows time for payment processing and aircraft allocation.
Flight duration is only approximate:
Minimum numbers apply.
FOX GLACIER and FRANZ JOSEF Office Hours:
8.00AM to 6.00PM.
Please note: snow landings are subject to weather conditions and are at the pilot’s discretion.