LOOK! (Reduced from $280pp) - Franz Josef, snow landing (Franz Josef departure)
- Duration: 20 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Franz Josef
- Product code: TRIP1B SPECIAL Franz Josef departure
SPECIAL PRICE DEAL - valid to 31 December 2021 / new rates apply 01 January 2022 and is per Adult / For children 4yrs to 14yrs pay NZ$140 / For Infants 3yrs and under and less than 15kg NZ$97.50 on this very special deal ** (NOTE: Prices are subject to change at any time) - Fly over the Franz Josef or Fox Glacier up to 6000 ft. and land on the snow.
Experience exceptional views of New Zealand's Southern Alps. There’s nothing like having your feet on the ground at this elevation and really feeling like you’re part of our beautiful landscape. A very popular quick look at our spectacular glacier landscapes.
This flight departs from our Fox Glacier flight centre and Franz Josef flight centre.
Allow 20 minutes.
** SPECIAL PRICE DEAL is per Adult / for Children 4yrs to 14yrs pay NZ$140 / For infants 3yrs and under and less than 15kg pay NZ$97.50 on this very special deal
Essential gear for snow landings:
- Covered shoes (sneakers or trainers are fine) or hiking boots
- Wear comfortable outdoor clothing suitable for wearing on the snow. Occasionally the temperature can be 5-10 degrees cooler on the snow than it is in the village. Check with our ground crew if you are unsure of what to wear
- Plenty of room on your memory card and/or phone for photos. Please note: Selfie sticks, especially extendable ones, are a safety hazard and must not be taken
- Please note that we do not allow passengers to take iPads on the flights as they can impede the view of the pilot and other passengers. You're very welcome to bring along another means of taking your photos (phone, camera or GoPro are all great).
Check-in time is 30 minutes before your scheduled departure time. This allows time for payment processing and aircraft allocation.
Flight duration is only approximate:
Minimum numbers apply.
FOX GLACIER and FRANZ JOSEF Office Hours:
8.00AM to 6.00PM.
Please note: snow landings are subject to weather conditions and are at the pilot’s discretion.